Monday, April 02, 2007

Media: Quotes from Participants

And yet another quote: "Even though TV has a relaxing or numbing effect when you watch it, I find that it creates anxiety. The anxiety is kind of the TV hangover :-) If I watch TV before going to bed, my mind is assaulted with commercials that include extremely violent images like murder, assault, rape, child abuse, etc. They are usually preview for shows that I would never watch. Unfortunately, when I try to go to sleep, my mind is filled with restlessness and anxiety. I often toss and turn all night. On the other hand, if I do not watch TV before going to bed, I sleep peacefully and wake rested. I have never understood how people could fall asleep in front of the TV - but the newsletter you sent really clarified that for me. It is all about learning healthy ways to self-sooth."