Monday, May 21, 2007

People: Space to Grow

Here is a thought from a participant for you: “Since my tolerations and boundaries have changed, I ask myself why I was continuing to seek out or continue relationships that did not resonate with that. I think that sometimes, relationships become old habits instead of being old friends.”

Is it time to reevaluate old relationships? Ron easily lets go of relationships when they no longer fit where he is in his spiritual growth. He also lets go of belongings easily. He is quite skilled in the practice of detachment. We get attached to our relationships. Perhaps it is the sense of belonging or patterns or something I haven’t considered yet. We need to regularly reevaluate these relationships, though, to make sure they are feeding us. Good friendships leave you feeling uplifted, not drained. They also can keep you stuck in your current state of consciousness. Is it time for you to reevaluate?